Select this to enable text only view

Getting Help

Dr. Phil’s wife, Robin McGraw, developed an app called “Aspire News” which is a free application which contains summaries of top stories in world, sports, and entertainment news. Additionally, if you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, the “Help” section of the app contains resources for victims of domestic abuse. **This app does not serve as a replacement for emergency services**

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) was developed to be the backbone of our nation’s response to violence against women  and was pioneered by Joe Biden. The  1 is 2 Many Campaign launched the “Circle of 6” app which puts group of friends instantly in touch with each other, so if someone is in trouble they can send a “Come and get me” message, complete with a GPS location map. This app is available for free downloading from the circle of 6 website and the Apple App store

More than 90% of sexual assault victims on college campuses do not report the assault.

Rape is the most under-reported crime; 63% of sexual assaults are not reported to police. 

Campus Security image

At CCBC, the campus security officers can be found in the Campus Security Office located in the Student Services Building. A person would want to report immediately if the incident happened on campus. They are also available to speak with a student if the incident took place off campus. In both situations, the campus security would remain with the student and contact the local community police department.

Dial the emergency number at 724-480-3555 or you can access the Security Office by pushing the button located on the security boxes throughout the campus and in each classroom. By pushing the red button on the emergency both Campus Security and 911 will be called.

If any type of PFA is in place already, or is put in place, please let Campus Security know. They can talk with you about how a safety plan for on campus can be established for a student. Campus Security is also available to escort any students to their cars after classes if at any point they feel unsafe walking alone.

Call 911 directly if the incident does not occur on campus.

Counselors image

Counselors are available on the CCBC campus. They are located in the Counseling Services Area in the Student Services Center. A counselor can talk to you about a personal experience that you may have had or help you get information for a friend who has experienced sexual violence. A counselor can also help in the process of reporting any incident that has occurred.

When you arrive at the Counseling Office please let the secretary know that you need to speak with a counselor concerning a personal issue. You do not have to disclose the issue at that time. Upon meeting with the counselor, you can disclose what has occurred. Students' interactions with counselors are confidential. Please note that a counselor has responsibility to report to proper authority if persons disclose that they are going to hurt themselves or they plan on hurting another person.

Counseling Office Contact:


Daily (Monday-Friday from 8 am-4:30pm)

Evenings (Monday-Thursday 4:30-7pm)

Community Resources image

Women’s Center of Beaver County

The Women’s Center offers services for a person who has experienced any type of domestic or sexual violence.

Some of the services that they offer include:

  • Shelter and Transitional housing
  • Programs for children
  • Counseling programs
  • Education and Training programs
  • Advocacy- Legal and Medical

They also offer a 24-hour helpline that can provide crisis intervention, phone counseling, safety planning and information and referrals. All calls made are completely confidential. Call 724-775-0131 or toll free 1-877-629-1841. Brochures for the Women’s Center are available in the Counseling office on the CCBC campus.