PN Select Admission Process
Our Practical Nursing (PN) program accepts 20 students every Spring semester. Follow these steps to complete the select admission process for our PN program:
- Complete an admissions application to CCBC and take the College Placement Test.
- April & May - The In House Application is available at the Information & Registration Center.
- Complete your “in house” application and submit your high school transcripts.
- Register for the NLN PN Exam (will be taken in May); cost is $39.00.
Preparation Book: NLN Review Guide for LPN Pre-Entrance Exam 3rd Edition by Mary E. McDonald; Publisher- Jones and Bartlett; (See Bookstore for price)
- Attend the mandatory PN Meeting.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA. Courses completed through the end of the 1st 6-week summer session of the testing year will be included in the grade point calculation.
- Attain grades of a “C” or better in required nursing program courses.
- Score at the 73th percentile or higher on NLN test and earn one of the top scores on the NLN test.
July - Receive notification of acceptance.
- July or August - Take the Math Diagnostic Test.
- Summer or Fall (prior to starting Nursing Clinical 1) - Take CPR and Math courses (if needed).
- Physical exam, criminal record check, child abuse clearance, and FBI fingerprints must all be submitted at this time.
This information is subject to change. Contact the Information and Registration Center for program details.