Nursing Select Admission Process
Select Admission Checklist and Timeline
ADN (RN) Program
140 students are accepted every Fall Semester
Prior to Enrollment
- Application to CCBC
- High School Transcripts or GED
- College Transcripts (If applicable)
- Placement Test or qualifying SAT/ACT Scores (within 5 years) or Math/English at College level from accredited institution
- Admissions Interview with Enrollment Services Representative - schedule by contacting the Information and Registration Center at 724-480-3500.
Prior to Applying for Clinical
- Applicants must have successfully completed one year of each High School Biology and Chemistry, and two years of college preparatory mathematics with a grade of "C” or better within the past 10 years.
- In absence of high school requirements, completion of and a "C" or better in:
PREP 021 Pre-Algebra CHEM 105 Principles of Biological Chemistry
or any College level course in Algebra, Biology, and Chemistry
- 2.5 GPA in courses required for nursing major by end of Fall semester
- “C” or better in courses required for nursing major by end of Fall semester
November - January
- Pick up In-House Application and Information Packet (available at the Information & Registration Center).
- Submit In-House Application with attached high school transcript (submit at the Information & Registration Center).
- Attend mandatory nursing meeting in the Health Sciences Center Auditorium (6-010).
- Register for HESI Exam (offered in December and/or January), cost $34.00
- Purchase Preparation Book (recommended) Admission Assessment Exam Review 3rd Edition by HESI; Publisher- Elsevier (Bookstore price $42.00 + tax)
- Each section of the study guide is on the test with the exception of physics.
- The test has a 4 hour time limit.
- There is a calculator built into the math portion of the test.
February – March
- Nursing Admission Committee meets and reviews 3 criteria for admission
- 2.5 GPA in courses required for nursing major, by end of Fall semester
- “C” or better in courses required for nursing major, by end of Fall semester
- Must score a minimum of a 75th percentile on HESI test; be one of the top 140 scores
April - May
- Notification of Acceptance or Non-Acceptance
- Math Diagnostic Test (no cost)
- Math Courses (if needed)
- CPR, Physical, Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Fingerprints (Forms will be provided the day of Math Diagnostic Test.)