7.01.001.002 - Communications, Marketing and Image
The Community Relations and Development Department exists to foster mutually beneficial relationships between Community College of Beaver County, its constituents, and the general public. The department provides a comprehensive array of marketing communications and public relations services as well as professional communications counsel to the campus community.
The Community Relations and Development Department is the official source of all information about the Community College of Beaver County. Working in conjunction with the CCBC Board of Trustees and the CCBC President, all information distributed internally or externally that represents or contains reference to, or about, the College must be reviewed and approved by the College’s Community Relations and Development Department prior to public dissemination.
The Community Relations and Development Department will not be responsible for the costs associated with producing another department’s event. Promotional items (including printed materials, mailings, food, give-a-way items or other event supplies) for distribution by other College departments will be covered by the sponsoring department’s budget.
In order to establish a strong identity, The Community Relations and Development Department shall control the use of the official logo and seal of CCBC. To assist with consistency of image and logo, the Community Relations and Development Department will also develop a CCBC Style Manual that will describe appropriate uses of the College logo and seal as well as typefaces and colors. The Marketing and Public Relations office reserves that right to refuse to publish artwork that does not reflect these standards.
Content and Message
Content must maintain the College’s image as a professional educational institution. As a result, all copy should be written in present tense and reviewed and edited by the Publications Coordinator for accuracy and consistency. Please consult the CCBC Style Manual for additional writing tips and guidelines. The Marketing and Public Relations office reserves that right to refuse to publish content that does not reflect these standards.
The Community Relations and Development Department is responsible for producing a number of college-related publications and providing design and writing consultation to the campus. The Community Relations and Development Department can provide the following services:
- Brochure, newsletter, annual report, poster, presentation, and invitation consultation and design
- Admissions pieces
- Production of ads and printed pieces
- Assistance in finalizing copy
- Assistance with campus event planning
- Media contact for campus events and news
If another service is requested, the Vice President for Community Relations and Development will determine if the service is a responsibility of the department. If it is not, the requestor will be notified within two business days.
Procedure for Requesting Services
To request communication or marketing services, the following procedure for faculty, staff, administrators, and student organizations will be established to ensure that all printed and displayed materials are used appropriately to achieve the mission and goals of the College; the most services are provided to all programs and departments, and that a consistent look and message is maintained. This process will also help requestors focus on what marketing can and cannot provide for them.
To request projects, faculty, staff, administrators, and student organizations must:
Use the Project Request Form.
· The form is located on the “MyCCBC” portal under the “Marketing & Public Relations” page on the Department Tab, or in the Community Relations and Development Department. The form may be submitted in inter-office mail, delivered in-person, or submitted electronically.
· All forms for original projects must be submitted to the Vice President for Community Relations and Development at least 8 business days prior to proof request. (Reprint request 1 day prior.)
· The form allows Marketing to prioritize requests and create a record of the marketing trends and needs of the College.
· Individuals or departments requesting services not listed above will be notified by e-mail if their request can be filled. If it can be, a timeline is established and additional information is collected. If the request cannot be granted, the Community Relations and Development Department is available to help explore other options.
This form is not required for basic services such as the following:
· marquee announcements
· campus-wide emails
· cable ads
· press releases
· updates to the College Catalog
· updates to the College website
However, the Community Relations and Development Department does have established deadlines for these basic services. To request a basic service, please contact the Vice President for Community Relations and Development in writing (email) at least two weeks in advance.