1.02.018 - Board Committee Charter - Student Success
The Board Student Success Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Trustees with responsibility for review and oversight of the College’s programs and services promoting effective learning and student success. The purview of the Committee will include policies and performance measures addressing student recruitment, retention, persistence and rates of completion. The Committee will also be engaged in the assessment of institutional effectiveness as indicated through performance measures and metrics identified by the Committee.
Responsibilities, Function and Powers
- Ensures the periodic review, with appropriate internal and external involvement, of student success initiatives and assessment of overall institutional effectiveness;
- Annually reviews the College’s performance data and measures which demonstrate institutional effectiveness, and recommends new goals and/or performance measures to be considered by the Board in assessing institutional and instructional effectiveness;
- Ensures that the College’s goals and assets are focused on student learning, student persistence and student success, and that stated performance outcomes delineate specific actions demonstrating innovation, institutional improvement and instructional alignment with institutional goals;
- Ensures the development and implementation of a strategic planning model involving internal and external constituencies in addressing institutional assessment, institutional growth, and institutional improvement related to learning, student success, and assessment; and
- Defines the metrics to be utilized in periodic updates and reports from the administration addressing overall College effectiveness.
Unless otherwise specified, the Board Student Success Committee will be accountable to, and make recommendations for action to, the Board of Trustees for the Community College of Beaver County.
The Board Student Success Committee shall be appointed by the Chair of the College’s Board of Trustees and consist of:
- At least three (3) members of the Board;
- The Board Chairman, serving as a voting ex-officio member;
- The President of the College serving as a non-voting ex-officio member, and
- The Vice President for Learning and Student Success or such successor positions as may be created, serving as non-voting ex-officio members.
The Board Student Success Committee will meet at least twice annually or more frequently as required by the Committee’s functions. The agenda will be formulated by the President of the College in consultation with the committee chairperson and will be distributed to all members of the Board of Trustees prior to the Committee meeting.
The Committee shall act by a majority vote of all its voting members. The presence of a majority of the Trustees assigned to the Committee shall be necessary to constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
Minutes will be distributed in the Board of Trustees meeting packet and to the committee at least three days prior to the next meeting.