CV Smith III, a retired CCBC faculty member, created this unique scholarship to provide financial assistance to a full-time student enrolled in the Associate of Arts in History Program offered at CCBC.
- Applicant must be a full-time student enrolled at CCBC in the Associate Arts in History Program
- Applicant must be in top 10 percent of graduating class from a high school in Beaver County. No home school or cyber school graduates are eligible
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must have applied for financial aid
- Applicant must submit a completed scholarship application by the first Friday of May to the CCBC Foundation
Applicant must submit a 250-word essay on one of the following questions, and no internet usage is allowed:
o Distinguish between the first and second Viking Ages.
o What was the key to Caesar Augustus’ political genius?
o What was the significance of the reigns of Edward II and Richard II?
o The U.S. Constitution is based upon compromise.Explain.
o Distinguish between the First and Second Revolutions in France.
o In what respects was the sinking of “Titanic” a precursor to the events of the Twentieth Century?
o Distinguish among Fascism, National Socialism, and Communism.
o Why should NASA’s original target have been Mars rather than the Moon?
o Compare and contrast Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin.
o Compare and contrast Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Delano Roosevelt.