Download information packet for Spring 2016: Click here!
I. Eligibility to register for the nurse aide course is as follows:
1. Submit a completed and signed Verification of Pennsylvania Residency and Attestation of Compliance with Act 14 Form to the Information and Registration Center. A list of prohibitive offenses is attached in the information packet.
- If you have been a resident of Pennsylvania for the last 2 years, complete and submit a PA criminal history record.
- If you have not been a resident of Pennsylvania for the last 2 years:
- Complete and submit the results of your PA criminal history record check.
- Complete the FBI fingerprint record check and submit the letter of approval for Nurse Aide training. The procedural process for procuring the FBI report and the letter of approval for Nurse Aide training is attached in the information packet.
- If history of criminal offenses, you cannot register until offenses are checked against the list of prohibitive offenses by the nurse aide primary instructor.
2. Submit a copy of your high school transcript or GED scores.
3. Register for MSHT 100.
II. After registration, complete requirements as follows:
1. Submit completed physical examination form and lab reports on Thursday, January 7, 2016 from 9:00a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Health Sciences Center (HSC) Room 6018. The physical examination form is found in this packet and on the CBC website. Click here physical form.
Registration is provisional until satisfactory physical examination form, laboratory reports and/or immunizations, and tuberculin skin test results are submitted.
- Students cannot begin the nurse aide class unless the physical form with 2-step tuberculin testing and laboratory results have been submitted prior to the first day of class.
Note:The TB test process takes 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to complete.
Classes begin on Wednesday of the first week.Monday and Tuesday clinical does not begin until the fifth week.