Click here to download information packet:
Thank you for choosing the Multi Skilled Health Technician certificate program.
Eligibility to register is as follows:
1. Submit a completed and signed Verification of Pennsylvania Residency and Attestation of Compliance with Act 14 Form to the Information and Registration Center. A list of prohibitive offenses is attached in the packet. (the link to the packet is at the top of the page)
2. If you have been a resident of Pennsylvania for the last 2 years, complete and submit a PA criminal history record. https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
3. If you have not been a resident of Pennsylvania for the last 2 years:
· Complete and submit the results of your PA criminal history record check.
· Complete the FBI fingerprint record check and submit the letter of approval for Nurse Aide training. The procedural process for procuring the FBI report and the letter of approval for Nurse Aide training is attached in the packet. (the link to the packet is at the top of the page)
· Read the list of prohibitive offenses and if appropriate sign the Attestation of Compliance with ACT14.
· If history of criminal offenses, you cannot register until offenses are checked against the list of prohibitive offenses by the nurse aide primary instructor.
· Submit a child abuse clearance payment receipt or a report with no history of offenses. http://www.dhs.state.pa.us/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/
4. Submit a copy of your high school transcript or GED scores.
5. Register for MSHT 100 (If interested in Nurse Aide for current semester) OR Register for MSHT 102 and MSHT 103 (if interested in Phlebotomy for current semester)
After registration, complete requirements as follows, for Nurse Aide:
1. Submit completed physical examination form and lab reports on Thursday, August 6, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or on Friday, August 14, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. in the Health Sciences Center (HSC) Room 6018. The physical examination form is found in this packet or click this link for the Nurse Aide student health record.
·Note for Nurse Aide: Classes begin on Wednesday of the first week. Monday and Tuesday clinical does not begin until the fifth week.
After registration, complete requirements as follows, for Phlebotomy:
1. Submit completed physical examination form and lab reports on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Health Sciences Center (HSC) Room 6002. The physical examination form is found in this packet or click this link for the Phlebotomy Program Student Health Record.
2. Attend the Phlebotomy Orientation Day on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in the Health Sciences Center, Room 6002.
Registration is provisional until satisfactory physical examination form, laboratory reports and/or immunizations, and tuberculin skin test results are submitted.
Students cannot begin the nurse aide class unless the physical form with 2-step tuberculin testing and laboratory results have been submitted prior to the first day of class.