Windows 8 Compatibility with MyCCBC
In order to be compatible with MyCCBC, you can either install the Firefox browser on the "Classic/Desktop" and use that browser when working with MyCCBC or run Internet Explorer 10 Windows 8 “Classic/Desktop” applications only with compatibility mode turned on.
Firefox can be downloaded at http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/#desktop.
To run Intenet Explorer in compatability mode, follow these instructions:
- When in the Windows "Metro" inferface, select Windows 8 “Desktop/Classic” UI.
- Open Internet Explorer 10 by clicking on the Desktop Icon.
- Default the “Metro Tile” to go to the “Classic Browser.”
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Internet Options.
- In Internet Options, click the Programs tab.
- Click the dropdown menu for "Choose how you open links."
- Select "Always in Internet Explorer on the desktop".
- Put a check in the checkbox "Open Internet Explorer tiles on the desktop".
- Click on apply to save the change.
- Click on Compatibility View Settings.
- In the "Add this website" box, type ccbc.edu then press the add button.
- Press the close button.
Internet Explorer 10 Only
If you do not have Windows 8 but are using IE10, you will need to do the following:
While on the MyCCBC site, look at the top of your window for the icon that looks like a rectangle with a zigzag thru it. Click on this so it changes color. This is the Compatibility View. Once you have this turned on, the links should become available to click on. See the screen shot below.