Select this to enable text only view

Aid For Veterans

CCBC is committed to assisting veterans, guard members and reservist in utilizing their military benefits; transitioning into college life; and in supporting their academic success.

For a list of programs offered at CCBC that are approved for veterans please visit the WEAMS list.  Students receiving Veterans Assistance should be aware of the special regulations affecting their studies. Students who qualify for benefits under the Veterans Program should contact the VA Ceritifying Offical at 724-480-3579 for information on their major course of study.

The Community College of Beaver County will permit any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website  e-Benefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:



1.       The date on which payment from VA is made to the institution.

2.       90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.



Students who provide the required documentation will not be charged any late fees, will not be denied  access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, and the student will not be required to borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33.




The following guidelines are in effect for all students receiving benefits through the Veterans Administration:

  1. To ensure that we are only certifying benefits for students who wish to receive benefits for a particular semester, the Student Financial Services Office requires veterans to complete the Veterans Enrollment Form every semester that they wish to receive benefits.
  2. All certified courses must apply to a student's major and be necessary for graduation.
  3. Veterans must notify the VA and the school in writing of all changes in their schedule and must include the last day of attendance. If a change in schedule results in overpayment, the veteran is liable to repay that amount to the Veterans Administration.
  4. Veterans may not receive payment for any course repeated if they received a "D" or better that first time. In any event, they may not repeat a course more than once.
  5. Veterans must maintain progress in all of their academic work. The school is required to report to the VA all veterans who do not maintain standards of academic progress. Any veteran on academic probation for two consecutive semesters will be reported to the VA. Any student who receives all "F's" or "W's" for any single semester will be reported to the VA. All "W" grades will be converted to "F's" in computing a grade point average (the quality point average on the official transcript will not reflect a penalty for "W" grades).

    The QPA (Quality Point Average) will be used to determine whether a veteran is in good academic standing according to the following school policy:

    Any semester with a QPA of less than 2.0 will also result in Academic Probation. Lack of certification does not prohibit a veteran from enrolling, only from using VA benefits until completing VA approved counseling. If it becomes necessary for the school to notify the VA of academic deficiency, the veteran will be informed in writing. Information on reinstatement to receive VA benefits is available at the Financial Aid Office.

  6. Veterans are responsible for notifying the VA in writing of any changes of address or changes in the number of dependents.
  7. Any veteran who receives a deferment for tuition is reminded that educational benefits are paid to defray the cost of your education. Tuition must be paid as soon as checks are received.
  8. Any monies accepted by a veteran that result in an overpayment may constitute fraud, a punishable offense. The ultimate responsibility to keep the VA informed of your status resides with you.
  9. Whenever a veteran changes a program, he or she must apply for a change of program before receiving further benefits.
  10. Once a veteran has completed a program for which he or she has VA approval, the veteran must apply for a change of program before receiving further benefits.

    These guidelines are developed to implement VA regulations and are subject to change.

Questions Regarding Veteran Benefits

  • Students who have questions regarding their benefits should contact the VA at 1-888-GIBILL-1 or online at
  • All questions regarding school certifications should be directed to the Veteran's Liaison at 724-480-3579 or

Policy for Return of Unearned Tution Assistance Funding

Students who are receiving TA funds will have their TA funding pro-rated if they withdraw prior to completion of 60% of the term.  Any unearned TA funds will be returned to the government and the student may have a balance due to the college.

Students who withdraw prior to completing 60% of the term will have their TA funding prorated based on the number of days they attended divided by the number of days in the term based on a 7 day week.  Example if a student withdraws after completing 15 days of a 105 day term they will have 85 % of their TA funds returned to the government. 

Scholarship Opportunities