Select this to enable text only view

Adult Learners

Career Services

Career Sevices

Counseling Services

Counseling Services

Student Services

Student Services

Tuition Assistance Application

Tuition Assistance ApplicationWhile more jobs are being added to the economy, skills beyond a high school education are needed for most jobs with family-sustaining wages. Through its Tuition Assistance Initiative, Community College of Beaver County realizes the need to assist unemployed workers in updating their skills and offers qualified workers a tuition-free semester at CCBC.

Offered since fall 2005, the Tuition Assistance Initiative aims to supply an educated, qualified workforce for employers in the area. Since the College started the program, 205 students have received 2,328 free credits.  At its March meeting, the College’s Board of Trustees voted unanimously to renew this special financial assistance initiative again for the 2015-2016 academic year.

After the first semester, students can work with the College’s Financial Services Office to determine whether they are eligible for additional aid. Additionally, some students may qualify for scholarships through the College and CCBC Foundation. The College’s Career Services Center further assists students by helping them update resumes, write cover letters, and find job openings that match their skills. 

Eligible students will have all tuition costs waived during the first semester; however, fees, textbooks, and supplies must be paid by the applicant. To be eligible to receive assistance, applicants must be residents of Beaver County who have either lost their jobs as a result of a business or industry plant closing or who have been laid-off, permanently or indefinitely, from a full-time position.

Beaver County residents interested in taking advantage of CCBC’s Tuition Assistance Initiative may contact  Admissions and Registration at 724-480-3504. Candidates should make an appointment with a member of the CCBC admissions staff to complete the proper forms, including an application to the College. Candidates should also submit a letter from the Human Resources Office of their former employer or a Letter of financial determination from the Office of Employment Security.