ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A HIGH PAYING STEM CAREER?
Enroll in CCBC’s STEM Academy to engineer your future.
The CCBC STEM Academy is for high school students in grades 11 and 12, at participating high schools, who are interested in careers in Engineering or Process Technology. Students have opportunities to explore careers in these high-demand fields and receive hands-on STEM instruction from college faculty members in labs and classroom environments while acquiring critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Additionally, students who devote two years of study to the program will have the opportunity to graduate from high school with up to 28 college credits toward CCBC’s associate degree programs or transfer the credits to other colleges and universities. Students will be prepared to work in many dynamic industries including oil & gas, waste water treatment, chemical, nuclear and steel.
To Learn More About the STEM Academy:
“STEM education creates critical thinkers, increases science literacy, and enables the next generation of innovators.” Francis Eberle, Ph.D., Executive Director for the National Science Teachers Association According to the U.S. Department of Education, engineering jobs are projected to grow 14% through 2020.
- High School Junior or Senior with a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average
- Complete Algebra II with a "B" or better
- Complete Chemistry with "C" or better
- Complete Pre-Calculus during your junior year with a "B" or better.
- High School Junior or Senior with a minimum 2.5 Grade Point Average
- Complete Algebra II with a "C" or better
- Complete Biology with a "C" or better
- Recommend taking Chemistry at your high school during Senior year
HOW MUCH WILL THE ACADEMY COST?
High school academy students pay current CCBC tuition and fees. For more information please click here.
Please check with your high school guidance counselor or principal to find out if your high school covers Academy tuition
For Pell eligibility please click here to find opportunities with federal assistance.
Please note: CCBC is the only Pennsylvania college to allow high school students to apply for Pell grants to attend a CCBC Academies.