Radiologic Technology Admission Requirements & Timeline
Download Application Packet: Not available at this time!
Students applying to the Radiologic Technology program must:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older within six months after entry into the program.
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED
Prior to Applying for Clinical
- Applicants must have successfully completed one year of each High School Biology and Chemistry, and two years of college preparatory mathematics with a grade of "C” or better within the past 10 years.
- In absence of high school requirements, completion of and a "C" or better in:
PREP 021 Pre-Algebra CHEM 105 Principles of Biological Chemistry
or any College level course in Algebra, Biology, and Chemistry
- 2.5 GPA in courses required for the major by end of Fall semester
- “C” or better in courses required for the major by end of Fall semester
- Complete CCBC application
- Complete admissions interview - schedule by contacting the Information and Registration Center at 724-480-3504
- Forward a copy of all high school and college transcripts
- Take the placement test
- Meet all admissions requirements
- Submit completed Radiologic Technology program application & three reference forms to the IRC. Program Applications will be available on this website and at the Information & Registration Center beginning in Mid-September.
- Attend the program information mandatory meeting.
All of the required items listed above on will be quantified and reviewed by the Radiologic Technology Admissions Committee.
STAGE 2 (February)
- Take the Psychological Services Bureau’s Health Occupation Aptitude Exam
- Optional Study Guides:
- Master the Nursing School & Allied Health Entrance Exams 19th Ed. by Marion F. Gooding; Peterson's Publishing (See Campus Bookstore for price)
- Health Occupations Entrance Exam by LearningExpress Editors
- PSB Health Occupations Exam Secrets Study Guide; Mometrix Media LLC
STAGE 3 (March)
- Personal interviews will be granted to qualified students, the interviews will be conducted during the week of spring break at CCBC
- Students will find out by the end of March if they are accepted
Prior to final acceptance being granted into the Radiological Technology program students must successfully complete the following:
- Pass a physical examination conducted at The Medical Center
- Complete CPR Course for the Healthcare Provider
- Pass Criminal Record,Child Abuse Clearances, and FBI fingerprints. If criminal record of any kind, contact ARRT to determine if you will be recognized
- Complete an observation period at The Medical Center
*This information is subject to change. Contact the Information and Registration Center for program details.
The necessary forms will be available on this website and at the Information & Registration Center during the application session.
Applications will not be accepted without attached GED scores, high school transcripts, and college transcripts (if applicable). Also, you are strongly encouraged to have reference forms completed and submitted with your application.