Criteria for Admission into the Practical Nursing Program
A. High School Requirements
High school diploma or successful completion of the G.E.D. test.
B. Entry Requirements
• Nursing pre-admission examination at 70th percentile or greater. Applicants will be ranked for admission based upon the examination score.
• Grades of “C” or greater in all courses required in the practical nursing program.
C. Full Admission Status
Full admission is contingent upon completion of the following:
• Any required placement testing and developmental coursework,
• Professional CPR certification course
• Physical examination which indicates that the applicant can undertake the program in nursing.
• Criminal record and child abuse clearances which allow the student to participate in clinical experiences in day care centers, public schools, and long-term care facilities
• Attainment of a GPA of 2.5 or greater in nursing core courses, which are taken at CCBC (transfer courses are not included in the computation of the CCBC quality point average).
• Grades of “C” or greater in all courses required in the Nursing program.
• Healthcare Insurance is recommended for all persons accepted into the nursing program. Applicants assume the costs of the above examinations, criminal record & child abuse clearances, and healthcare insurance.
1. GPA of 2.0 or better (Only those courses that are included in the Core Curriculum will be considered in determining the GPA.)
2. A grade of “C” or greater in all courses required in the Nursing program
3. Satisfactory clinical performance
4. Satisfactory completion of core curriculum courses
Students must also schedule an admissions interview by contacting the Information and Registration Center at 724-480-3504.