LPN to ADN Bridge Program
Here are the steps to get started:
1. Submit an admissions application
Choose the CCBC Main Application
Be sure to choose the Washington County site when given an option
2. Have a copy of your Practical Nursing License and any previous college, high school, and Practical Nursing transcripts and/or GED sent to:
1 Campus Drive
Monaca, PA 15061-2588
To obtain a copy of your GED: https://www.diplomasender.com
3. Apply for Financial Aid
We urge every student to apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is the universal method of determining eligibility for aid.
Our school code is 006807
Apply online at www.fafsa.gov
Tuition Costs: http://www.ccbc.edu/Tuition
4. Schedule an appointment to meet with Sandy May at our main campus in Monaca or schedule a phone
appointment by calling CCBC’s Information Registration office at 724-480-3504. Please identify yourself as a WACTC student when calling. Course requirements are on the next page.
CCBC requires placement testing. However, some students are exempt if certain requirements are met. http://www.ccbc.edu/Placement
5. Contact our nursing department to have your name added to our test registration list for the PN to ADN Foundations Exam. Our nursing department contact is Debra Winkle Debra.Winkle@ccbc.edu or by phone at 724-480-3495.
LPN to RN Course Requirements
The applicant must complete the following four courses, or their equivalent, with a grade of “C” or greater prior to being considered for admission to NURS 200 (the first nursing course): The classes below must be completed by the end of the fall semester in which you are applying to the LPN to RN program:
- BIOL201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- PSYC101 General Psychology I
- PSYC106 Human Growth and Development
The remaining three courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or greater prior to beginning the fall ADN semester (NURS IV). Note: If you already completed the course/s the grade must be a "C" or greater.
- BIOL215 Microbiology
- CIST100 Introduction to Information Technology
- WRIT101 English Composition I
In addition, you will be required to complete these two classes: Note: If you already completed the course/s the grade must be a "C" or greater.
- LITR210 Concepts of Literature /with NURS IV or before NURS IV
- SOCI101 Principles of Sociology/with NURS V or before NURS V
All students will be required to take the PN to ADN Foundations Exam before starting core nursing (NURS) courses.
The next exam will be in the Fall of 2019. The date is to be determined and the test will be held at the Western Area Career and Technical Center, in Canonsburg, in the LPN building. Additional information about content and how to pay for the exam will be mailed to students at the end of September. The cost of the exam is $25 and payment must be made no later than October 27th. Payment can be made at the Cashier’s Office or by calling (724) 480-3396 or (724) 480-3397. Please contact the Counseling Center at (724)480-3504 by September 1st to be added to the mailing list to receive information about the exam date.
Seating is limited so schedule early.
Note: Pre-requisite Requirements: The State Board of Nursing requires that all nursing students have successfully completed Algebra, Chemistry, and Biology in High School or college with a passing grade of a “C” or better. If you have not completed one of these courses you will need to do so before you start the nursing portion of the program. CCBC offers biology and chemistry courses and a pre-algebra course (Prep021) that are available on site and/or online.
Note: Microbiology and Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II courses that were completed more than 10 years before starting NURS 200 will not be accepted and must be repeated for the program.
- Information Registration Center: 724-480-3504
- Financial Aid: (724) 480-3501
- Bookstore: (724) 480-3455
- School of Health Sciences: (724) 480-3495 or email Amanda.Bitkowski@ccbc.edu
RV1-18SM-SM; Revised 9/19