LPN to RN Advanced Placement Requirements
Requirements for applicants who are Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) seeking advanced placement:
a. Current licensure as a Practical Nurse, completion of application for admission to CCBC and placement testing
b. The applicant must complete the following four courses, or their equivalent, with a grade of “C” or greater prior to being considered for admission: These classes must be completed by the end of the fall term.
- BIOL201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- PSYC101 General Psychology I
- PSYC106 Human Growth and Development
c. The remaining three courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or greater prior to beginning the fall ADN semester. Note: If you already completed the course/s the grade must be a "C" or greater.
- BIOL215 Microbiology
- CIST100 Introduction to Information Technology
- WRIT101 English Composition I
October:Contact the counseling office at 724-480-3421 to register for the exam.
December: Take the Nursing Acceleration Challenge Exam (NACE I Foundations of Nursing) - sign up at the counseling office or call 724-480-3421. The cost for the exam is $58.00. A minimum score of 74% is required to be considered. Placement into the Nursing III ADN course is on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS.
- NACE I - 20 Page information bulletin is available by calling NLN testing services at 1-800-732-8656
January: Notification of Acceptance (Nursing III ADN begins in May)
Once accepted the following must be completed:
- NURS 200 Nursing Enrichment course during the last 6 weeks of the Spring semester with a grade of "C" or better
- Score of 100% on the drug calculation proficiency exam (taken during the NURS200 course)
- CPR Certification, Physical Exam, PA Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Clearance, and Professional Liability Insurance
Placement into Nursing III ADN will be on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS. The previously listed requirements are minimum criteria. Applicants who meet minimum criteria will be considered for admission into the program. However, meeting minimal criteria does not guarantee admission into the program. Available spaces will be divided equally between re-admission applicants and LPN advanced placement applicants.
* This information is subject to change - please contact the Information and Registration Center for program details *