Select this to enable text only view

Top 10 FAQ's

1)  Q.  What is College in High School/ Dual Enrollment – what’s the difference – which is right for me?

A.  College in High School provides you the opportunity to take special college courses; taught by your own teachers, in your own high school’s classrooms, at a fraction of the cost.  Dual Enrollment is the opportunity to take college classes on campus at CCBC even though you’re still a high school student.  Which is right for you?  Only you can decide:  Are you more comfortable in familiar surroundings?  Do you have time and transportation outside of school?  Many classes are offered through both programs, but College in High School, is just that – our classes in your school; while Dual Enrollment is you taking our classes on campus at CCBC with other college students, outside of your regular school day.  

2)  Q.  Who will teach my classes?

A.  College in High School courses may be taught by CCBC faculty or by instructors from your high school who have been approved by the Vice President of Learning and Student Success at CCBC.  Dual Enrollment courses will be taught by CCBC faculty members.

3)  Q.  Where will my classes be held?

A.  College in High School will be held in classrooms at your high school, while Dual Enrollment courses will be in classrooms on campus at Community College of Beaver County.

4)  Q.  Am I eligible?

A.  We recommend that any junior or senior capable of college-level coursework enroll in these courses. However, exceptions can be made for freshman or sophomore students with permission of their high school principal and the approval of CCBC's Director of Enrollment Services.

5)  Q.  How much do Dual Enrollment classes cost & how do I pay for them?

A.  CCBC’s College in High School courses cost $50.00 per credit for Beaver County School districts and $100 per credit for other school districts. Tuition for Dual Enrollment classes is is based on your residency status; for a Beaver County resident the charge per credit hour is $142.00 + applicable fees, (most classes are 3 or 4 credit hours).  Fees are payable to the Cashier located in the Student Services Center at CCBC (724-480-3396).

6)  Q.  How and when do I register?

A.  All students should apply to CCBC online. Dual enrollment must one of our academic counselors.Those registering as Dual Enrollment students will return their completed, signed registration form along with H.S. transcript to CCBC’s Information and Registration Center, for registration into their selected courses.  

B. College in High School students will return their completed, signed registration form to their high school guidance counselor by the deadline established for your school each semester.  Your counselor will work directly with CCBC to register you for those classes.   

7)  Q.  When are classes available?

A.  College in High School courses are offered during the school day according to the individual high school’s academic calendar.  For Dual Enrollment students, CCBC offers courses Monday through Thursday in the daytime and evenings; throughout the year during 3 semesters (Fall, Spring, and Summer) expanding your opportunities to attend. 

8)  Q.  Why Dual Enrollment / College in High School?

A.  You will get a head start on your college experience, earn credits and save money!  You’ll graduate from high school as a college student, with college credit on your transcript that means more money in your bank because CCBC courses cost much less than in-state tuition at both state system universities and state-supported universities.

9)  Q.  Will my credits transfer to another college/university?

A.  When you are ready to apply to colleges, you can request a transcript from CCBC by filling out the form at The Community College of Beaver County is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and our courses are widely accepted at other colleges and universities.  Ultimately, transfer credit decisions will be dependent on your choice of major as well as the receiving school’s transfer policies.  You can find additional transfer credit information at

10)  Q.  What courses can I take?

A.  You can view the complete listing of CCBC College in High School courses at Remember, though, that not all courses may be offered at your high school. Be sure to talk with your guidance counselor to find out what is being offered currently at your school. Some courses do require prerequisites.  For Dual Enrollment course offerings, check out the Course Search at My CCBC.