News & Events
Use the dropdown areas below to see some of our upcoming events!
Heads UP Pittsburgh Program comes to CCBC
CCBC has joined The Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation, UPMC Sports Medicine, and Community College of Allegheny County to offer the Heads UP Pittsburgh Program for the Summer of 2014. Heads UP is a concussion awareness program that originally began in 2011 with baseline testing and parental educational programs for youth hockey players only. In 2012, the Penguins Foundation expanded the program to include athletes of all sports ages 10 to 14.
Below are some of this year’s highlights.
- Athletes of any sport ages 10-14 can test for free. Athletes ages 7-9 and 15 or above can test for a minimal fee.
- The first 2,000 athletes will receive a free Flexibility Kit courtesy of the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation.
- Registration website is currently open: www.upmc.com/baselinetesting.
- The last date of testing will be August 1.
- Athletes wishing to test at any the CCBC or CCAC locations must be age 10 or older on the date of testing.
Athletes are recommended to have a baseline every year until age 13, then every two years after that.
To learn more, visit www.pittsburghpenguinsfoundation.org.
Native American Gathering
Please join CCBC & Logstown Association in celebrating the 25th Annual Native American Indian Gathering.
Saturday, October 11, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 12, 2014 from 10:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact John Goberish, CCBC, at 724-480-3450 or visit http://www.logstownhistoricalassociates.blogspot.com