Brainfuse Online Tutoring
Brainfuse online tutoring provides a tutoring option for students who are unable to come to the Tutor Center during posted hours.
A link to the service has been placed on each student’s Blackboard account. Students can click on “Brainfuse HelpNow” link on the left side of their course under "Tools"; click “Brainfuse HelpNow” button; then click on the icon that represents the area of the site they wish to enter (i.e. Live Help, Writing Lab, etc.).
Students do not have to be on campus to gain access to the site. This free service is available 24/7 and can be accessed from home or computers available for student use in the library during hours of operation, the open computer lab in the Sciences and Technology Center, and Learning Lab during tutoring hours.
To get started with Brainfuse, please access Blackboard at https://blackboard.ccbc.edu.
How to access Brainfuse
Brainfuse Online Tutoring can be accessed through Blackboard
- Log into your Blackboard account.
- On the left side of the screen under Tools, click Brainfuse HelpNow.
- ClickBrainfuse HelpNow button.
- Click in the section that represents the area of the site to enter (i.e. Live Help, Writing Lab, etc.)
To get Live Help, select a Topic, select a Subject, and then click Connect.
To submit papers, short paragraphs, or any form of writing for feedback to Writing Lab, click Submit Paper.
Click Choose Fileor Browseto attach your document.
- Add commentsin the box you want to pass along to the tutor about your document.
- ClickSubmitto upload your document.
- Check the Message Centerfor a response from Brainfuse (usually takes 24 hours).
- Message Center is located at the top-right of the screen by clicking the arrow next to your first name.