Admission Status and Requirements
Community College of Beaver County operates as an open door admissions institution providing educational opportunities to all individuals who can benefit from such an experience. The College grants general admission to anyone who wishes to begin college studies, however; there are certain majors that have special admissions requirements that must be met prior to the College granting a student acceptance into the program.
Your road to your future starts at CCBC, and it's an easy six step process:
1. Submit an admissions application
2. Visit Campus
3. Apply for Financial Aid
4. Take the Placement Test *
5. Schedule classes with an academic counselor
6. Register and pay tuition
For more information, be sure to read our Step-by-Step Enrollment Procedures.
Main Campus Placement Testing Schedule 2015-2016
The following schedule is for testing at our main campus in Monaca. Students who plan to take classes at our Southpointe location in Washington County should call 724-480-3581 to schedule an appointment for placement testing.
Placement Testing for all students
Testing Dates: Tuesday, April 14, through Wednesday,August 19, 2015, and Tuesday, November 10, 2015 through Wednesday, December 23,2015.
* Note: Tuesday afternoon and evening by appointment, call 724-480-3425.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no placement testing on Mondays.
No Placement Testing: Friday, July 3, 2015/Thursday & Friday, November 26 & 27, 2015/Thursday, December 24, 2015 through Friday, January 1, 2016.
Additional Testing Dates and Times:
August 2015: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 8:45 AM and 12:45 PM
December 2015: Monday, December 21, 2015 - 8:45 AM and 12:45 PM
January 2016: Monday, January 4, Wednesday, January 6, Thursday, January 7, 2016 - 8:45 AM and 12:45 PM - Tuesday, January 5, 2016-Afternoon and evening by appointment, call 724-480-3425.
- Please visit the Learning Resource Center (LRC) at the Placement Testing area at least 15 minutes prior to the time you wish to take the test.
- ID numbers are required to take the exam so please bring your acceptance letter with you to the testing area.
- Upon completion of the placement test, go to the Counseling Office in the Student Services Center to receive your test scores and complete course scheduling. To protect student confidentiality, placement test scores will not be released over the phone. The placement testing, counseling, and scheduling process takes approximately three hours.
Sample placement test questions and test-taking tips can be found at www.act.org/compass/sample/
* Exceptions: Students scoring 450 Critical Reading, 450 Writing, and 450 Math on SAT or 19 Reading, 18 English, and 22 Math on ACT exams taken within the past 5 years are exempt from taking the placement test. Students who have completed English and/or Math courses at another accredited institution and have submitted official transcripts to the Information & Registration Center are not required to take the placement test in those subject areas. Students exempt from the placement test should contact the Counseling office at 724-480-3421 to make an appointment to schedule courses.